- The act of pleading or arguing in favor of something, such as a cause, idea or policy.
- Finding your voice, to call, to vocalize for, or to give evidence.
Individual Advocacy: We focus on being a support and working with individuals so they can acquire the skills to advocate for themselves.
Each Individual has the right
- to make choices affecting their own life
- to pursue their choices
- to communicate in some mode, their choices and preferences
- to create their own goals and chose how to reach those goals
Systems Advocacy: We focus on making positive changes in our society that improves the quality of life for people with disabilities.
The systems targeted are
- Public Officials
- Employees of County and State programs
- Medical Providers
- Other decision-makers
Grassroots Advocacy Partnership (GAP): GAP provides education to the disability community that allows individuals with disabilities and their families to proactively advocate for the policies and services needed though the interaction and engagement in the making of public policy.
If you think you would benefit from individual or systems advocacy or would like to get involved in GAP, please contact us.